OilCan is a Universal Binary Mac OS X PostgreSQL query tool.
Version 2.1 has new features
- Browser automatically refreshes after changes made in the query window.
- A refresh button is available in the Database Browser for changes made outside of OilCan.
- The status bar at the bottom now gives result information about non SELECT queries.
- Double clicking in the Database Browser inserts the TABLE, VIEW, FUNCTION, or SEQUENCE name in the query window. Double clicking on a field will insert the field name in the query window.
- Ability to drag items from the Database Browser to the query window.
- Login information can be sorted by Name, Database, or Host.
- All queries run in their own thread and are able to be cancelled
- Multiple query windows with each query window getting its own connection.
- Native Cocoa and PostgreSQL performance
- Multiple queries in the query window.
- Login information is saved for quick retrieval.
- Impoved Database Browser (formerly the Schema Browser)
- Changes to the Grid font are now instantaneous
Screenshot of the Main Window with multiple queries (click to enlarge)
Screenshot of the Database Browser
The new login screen:
OilCan can be downloaded here.
OilCan requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries